Planet before profits
Australia's Environment Minister says her government was "blindsided" by the UN declaring the Great Barrier Reef "in danger". The government wasn't blindsided, they had their eyes closed. They have ignored the science and continued to take donations from the fossil fuel industry while Australia continues to feel the impacts of climate change.
This government can not be trusted to take action on climate change or protect our environment.
For too long, corporate and political interests have been put before action on climate change and environmental protection.
As we head towards to next election, we are calling on the government to:
- Stop polluting and move away from coal, oil and gas
- Transition to 100% renewable energy
- Adopt a zero extinction target to protect endangered species
- End the clearing of koala and wildlife habitat
- Protect our precious places
Sign up to hear more about our campaign to put people and planet ahead of profit