If you'd like to help out South Australia during this fire crisis, whether it is a cash donation, buying a bottle of wine or volunteering your time, here are some ways you can contribute.
Donate directly to the State Emergency Relief Fund
The State Emergency Relief Fund (SERF) has been set up by the South Australian Government to help people directly affected by the devastating natural disasters in Australia. There are four different ways to donate to the SERF:
- Electronic funds transfer to the State Emergency Relief Fund - Commonwealth Bank of Australia, BSB 065 266, Account 10020160, description must state ‘donation’
- Credit card - visit the State Emergency Relief Fund BPoint payment website at bpoint.com.au/payments/serf or dial 1300 276 468 (1300 BPOINT) and enter biller code 1002359
- Cash - go into any branch of the Commonwealth Bank and donate over the counter giving the details: BSB 065 266, Account 10020160
- Cheque - send to State Emergency Relief Fund, Donations, QA Finance, GPO Box 292, Adelaide SA 500
Donate to the CFS Foundation
The CFS Foundation provides financial assistance to CFS volunteer firefighters and their families who have suffered through death, injury, loss or damage of property while in the line of service.
You can donate here.
Donate to the KI Mayors bushfire appeal fund
This fund directly helps those impacted by the devastation caused by the fires and will help them face each new day with financial assistance to rebuild their lives, homes and businesses. This is the official donation appeal for Kangaroo Island.
Donations can be made through bank transfer, with the details below:
- BSB: 105 094
- Account Number: 035 680 540
- Account Name: Mayoral Bushfire fund
Donate to animal rescue shelters and centres
Adelaide and Hills Koala Rescue – donate here and read more about their work here.
Adelaide Koala Rescue – donate here and read more about their work here.
Hanson Bay Wildlife and Koala Sanctuary – donate here and read more about their work here.
Or you can buy local Kangaroo Island brands, or visit or buy direct from one of the affected wineries in the Adelaide Hills
The affected wineries you can visit this weekend, or buy a bottle or two from are:
Alternatively, you can donate your time:
Register here to volunteer your time.