The Morrison Government has responded woefully to the needs of arts and entertainment workers during the pandemic - consistently failing to deliver the support required to keep the industry afloat.
The Greens will invest in our culture, stories, arts and live music with long term funding arrangements, to create secure well paid jobs.
We will invest in the creation of Australian stories for local audiences so we all get the chance to see ourselves reflected on our screens, stages and in our galleries.
Telling stories enriches our lives with meaning, and it’s critical we invest in the people to deliver it.
The Greens will:
- Provide recovery support through the RISE fund and a Live Performance Insurance Guarantee
- Put an artist in residence in every school and library, creating jobs for artists and authors across the country
- Establish a $1 billion Live Performance Fund to inject money into Australia’s festival, music and live performance sector.
- Establish ‘Australian Stories Fund’ to develop and grow the local screen industry.
- Legislate a minimum performance fee to provide stability for live performers
- Invest in arts education with the establishment of a new arts school in South Australia
- Establish a multi-disciplinary Creativity Commission to support the integration of the arts and creative thinking throughout the economy and society